Wednesday, February 7

Runaway Dog


We had an unplanned adventure today. I was supposed to be on the road to go see my grandfather in the hospital, and I let DJ out to potty before we left. In less than 5 minutes, he was gone. He is not a dog that wanders off, and when he didn't come, I knew something was wrong. After 30 minutes of looking, I got my neighbor to help. I then called everyone I know (crying) to come help me look. Marty is in Texas, and I made him get a plane ticket to come home. We had posters up on the telephone poles in no time, and every person we passed got in on the search, including the mailman. We called the pound and every local vet. After 2 hours, I knew he was gone. Then my neighbor drove up beside me, rolled down her back window, and DJ popped his head up. She found him almost 2 miles from our house. I don't know if he ran after something, or if someone picked him up, but I was so relieved to see him. He was equally happy to see me. My friend Christa called her friend Christy to come help me. I don't know her, but she was happy to look for DJ. Just after we found him, she called Christa and said that she found DJ! We almost ended up with 2 dogs. She found a lab mix in the neighborhood. Thankfully, she didn't pick him up. I think DJ is going to be getting a chip put in after this. I don't know what we would have done if we didn't find him. I can't thank everyone enough for helping me. DJ is our baby, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad DJ made it home! It's so hard to be upset with him when he looks at you with those eyes.
Bec