
This didn't go too smoothly. Our church has a special ceremony just for the babies. They warn that it will be loud, you will definitely hear crying, and you should just overlook it since it is all about the little ones. It's hard to overlook it when it's YOUR little one making the noise. Maddie would not take her nap Sunday afternoon, and boy did we pay for it. She was tired and she wanted no part of sitting still during the ceremony. Let me also mention that this was the largest dedication ever at our church, so it took longer than ever (30+ babies). She threw herself on the floor, tried to crawl under the seats, and she tried to run away on the stage. Thankfully, there were other siblings doing the same thing, and I kept hoping that the other kids were behaving worse than mine (I know that's a terrible thought, but honestly, you've been there). I remember smiling and telling her sweetly that it will be okay, and then under my breath saying "Madaline Grace, you better cut it out right now or you will not get a cookie when we get home. Just stand still and look cute!" Poor Preston. He was totally upstaged by big sis. We did enjoy our time dedicating Preston, but I am glad that it is behind us. So for your parents who will be doing this in the future...make sure your kids get naps, and take snacks!!

1 comment:
I couldn't help but laugh at Maddie. Toddlers- got to love them and their moments. Seem to always happen at the worst times too. Preston is getting so big! Glad you all made it through the service.
Post a Comment