Tuesday, February 24

Tasty Tuesday

I am always looking for new recipes. I feel like we get in a rut and fix the same thing all the time. I thought I would share some of our favorites with you each Tuesday. If you have a great (and somewhat easy) family favorite, please e-mail it to me and I will pass it along. If you make a recipe and change it up a bit, let me know how it turns out.

Here is one of our favorites:


WHITE BEAN CHILI (originally from Dana Graves Cordell)

1 lb boneless chicken, cooked and shredded into small pieces
1 can chicken broth
3 cans Great Northern Beans
1 cup medium salsa (I use Pace)
1 8oz bag shredded cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients in large pot. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes). Stir occasionally. Serve with cornbread.


TIP: I buy boneless chicken breasts in bulk at Costco (or Sam's Club) and boil it at one time. Then I shred it and divide it into 1 pound freezer bags. The bulk pack at Costco is usually equal to 6 freezer bags. It makes cooking during the week much faster bacause the chicken is already prepared.

No comments: