The Sunday before we were to leave for Michigan, we got a call from Marty's brother Doug. Papa went into congestive heart failure and was in a coma. There were positive signs that he would come out of the coma at the beginning of the week. We drove up Thursday, but there was not much hope by the end of the week.
Marty has a big family. He is the youngest of 6. His oldest brother was killed in a car wreck when Marty was 13. There are 3 more brothers and 1 sister. And 5 step-siblings. I have 13 neices and nephews on Marty's side. The oldest is the same age as me! I have 7 great-neices and nephews! I became a great-aunt at 27. By Saturday, the other siblings were in town, and with Papa's wife, they made the difficult decision to remove the life support. It was a terrible decision for anyone to have to make. I know Papa is with His Savior now, as well as big brother Andy. Please keep Marty and his siblings in your prayers.





1 comment:
Those sweet memories will help Marty in the days ahead. I'm so sorry for your loss. I love you sweet friend.
Post a Comment