We had a few activities planned for the kids. We made red suckers by melting candy and pouring it in a mold. Each child also made a Christmas ornament. I found clear glass ornaments at the craft store, and the kids filled them with colored shredded paper. They colored on the glass and wrote their names with paint pens. They turned out cute! The hit of the evening was making snow. Debbie found a kit at Wal-Mart, and everyone loved it! It was a white powder that you mix with water. It was really cool. We hope you are enjoying this precious time of year!
Saturday, December 19
A party for Jesus
A few weeks ago, Maddie asked how many candles Jesus would have on His birthday cake. I told her He would have a whole bunch! She then asked if we could make Him a cake. I said yes, then she asked to invite her friends. Marty and I thought it was a great idea, so we decided to have a birthday party for Jesus. We asked each family to bring a new toy to donate to families in need in honor of Jesus' birth. We had so much fun! We placed a star candle on the cake and talked about the star of Bethlehem. Jordan wanted to make sure it wasn't so bright that it hurt Baby Jesus' eyes. It was such a precious time with our kids.
We had a few activities planned for the kids. We made red suckers by melting candy and pouring it in a mold. Each child also made a Christmas ornament. I found clear glass ornaments at the craft store, and the kids filled them with colored shredded paper. They colored on the glass and wrote their names with paint pens. They turned out cute! The hit of the evening was making snow. Debbie found a kit at Wal-Mart, and everyone loved it! It was a white powder that you mix with water. It was really cool. We hope you are enjoying this precious time of year!
We lit the candle 6 times so that each child could have a turn blowing it out for Jesus



Snow!
We had a few activities planned for the kids. We made red suckers by melting candy and pouring it in a mold. Each child also made a Christmas ornament. I found clear glass ornaments at the craft store, and the kids filled them with colored shredded paper. They colored on the glass and wrote their names with paint pens. They turned out cute! The hit of the evening was making snow. Debbie found a kit at Wal-Mart, and everyone loved it! It was a white powder that you mix with water. It was really cool. We hope you are enjoying this precious time of year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I love love love it! I had planned to make a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas and doing something similar. I was happy to see your post!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment