Wednesday, August 2

C-section it is

Marty and I pre-registered at the hospital last week. We spoke with the anesthesiologist, and he said I am not a candidate for an epidural because of the spine surgery I had when I was 20. That leaves me with two options...natural child birth or a c-section (I still prefer the stork concept). Today at my weekly doctor visit, we found out that Maddie is still breech, so I have no choice but to have a c-section. On Wednesday, August 23rd, we will meet our daughter. This day is also Marty's birthday. We didn't want them to share a birthday, but my doctor only does c-sections on Wednesday. Marty will get used to the princess birthday cakes. After all, isn't having children all about sacrifice? hehehe

We have been busy buying baby gear and diapers. I have been explaining all of the gadgets to Marty. He doesn't need much help, but I do want to mention that over the weekend, he asked me if I needed to buy a milker. After a minute, I realized he was referring to the breast pump. He really makes me laugh.

20 days to go. I hope Marty and I can spend as much time together as possible because I know things will be more hectic from here on out. I look forward to every minute of it!

3 comments:

MB said...

awesome!!! I'm so excited!!!

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunny said...

ok. so i was just thinking about your blog and the hillarious 'milker' comment from MArty, and I was thinking of my comment and realized that it probably didn't read the way I meant it. it seemed funny at the time. I meant that it's marty's job to make the milk. sorry if it seemed more risque than that. I only just now, thought of how that probably sounded. ok i digress... I need sleep. good night.