Tuesday, February 24

9 month check-up

We had an interesting check-up today. Preston weighed 20 pounds, 9 ounces. He was 28.5 inches long. I have him on a delayed shot course, so he was supposed to get 2 today. After he got the 1st one, he took in such a deep breath, he made himself pass out. It is probably an understatement to say that the nurse and I panicked. We screamed. Preston's eyes rolled back in his head, his face was purple, and he was lifeless. Two doctors came running in, and well, he is okay. His doctor told me that he will probably continue to do this when he gets mad. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 comments:

Kandi said...

I have never heard of this - how scary for you. Glad he is okay!!

Liz said...

Hi Kristen- Linda gave me your blog site, so I hope it's ok that I read it! My brother used to do this when he was little. He had bad diaper rash and when he was getting changed he would get mad, hold his breath, and roll his eyes back. I remember him doing it a couple of times as a toddler, too, and my mom would kind of blow air up his nose (not like mouth-to-mouth), but it was supposed to make him catch his breath, I think. I'll check with my folks and see what they did when he held his breath, but he's a healthy 22 yr old now with no problems :-) And I don't think he does it any more ;-)