Marty and I wanted to do something special after church, so we decided to take a picnic to the Iris Garden. Neither of our kids have been there, and it is so beautiful this time of year. The weather was perfect! We had our picnic in the exact spot where Marty and I got married!
The iris are just beginning to grow buds. I hope we can go back in a couple of weeks to see the blooms. There was an egg hunt in the garden yesterday, and Maddie found 3 that were left over.
I agree about the goodies for Easter, I try to keep the focus on the cross and I even did the Resurrection Eggs, which was difficult for both of them to sit through, but I kept at it. I didn't do the Easter bunny, I told Keira the basket of goodies was from us. I still go back and forth about Santa, so I just decided to tell her the stuff was from us. Guess I will worry about the tooth fairy when we reach that age. Always something to think about when raising these babies...ha
1 comment:
I agree about the goodies for Easter, I try to keep the focus on the cross and I even did the Resurrection Eggs, which was difficult for both of them to sit through, but I kept at it. I didn't do the Easter bunny, I told Keira the basket of goodies was from us. I still go back and forth about Santa, so I just decided to tell her the stuff was from us. Guess I will worry about the tooth fairy when we reach that age. Always something to think about when raising these babies...ha
Post a Comment