Thursday, May 28

4th Anniversary

My sweet husband sent me a text on Monday that said "We have a date Thursday. Be ready by 5:30." At one time I might not have thought a text would be a very romantic way to be asked on a date, but it was such a surprise! With two small kids, any date is a luxury!! Today is our 4th wedding anniversary. I walked in the door with the kids at 5:10. Not much time to get glamourous. I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and 2 cards. I have been trying to figure out all day who he hired to babysit. At exactly 5:30, the doorbell rang, and sweet Rachel was standing there smiling. She is our smallgroup babysitter. We meet at our neighbors house for Bible study, and she keeps all the kids at our house. Preston and Maddie were excited to see her. So off we go on our date, and he surprised me my taking me to Stony River!! Yum! We ate there last year on our anniversary just before we brought our sweet boy home from the NICU. Bringing Preston home was the best anniversary gift we could ever hope for. Marty also surprised me by taking me to a movie. We always use Fandango, and as I scanned the list of movies trying to guess what he picked, I was thinking to myself "Please don't be Terminator, please don't be Terminator." He had made such a sacrifice and purchased tickets to Ghosts of Girlfriends Past!! He does love me! It was a cute movie, and it was so nice to have a night to ourselves. Here are some pics of our special day.










1 comment:

The Velvet Trunk said...

Awww....Good job Marty!!! =)