Tuesday, February 23

Update on Maddie Grace's Ear

I took Maddie to the ENT this morning for a follow up. He could not see in her left ear at all. (Could be that Maddie turned her head away and kicked him accidentally). We were sent to a room with a big long table, and all I thought was this is not gonna be good. And I was right. She screamed louder than I have ever heard her scream. Two nurses and myself held her down while the doctor removed the tube from her good ear. Then he cleaned out her bad ear so that he could get a good look. She had so much infection that the drops we have been putting in her ear could not go in. She definitely has a ruptured eardrum, and we will continue with drops and go back next week. If her eardrum is not better, she will require surgery to repair it. Please pray for healing of her eardrum as well as protection for her hearing. I hope there will be no long term damage. On a positive note, we took the tube from her right ear to school for show and tell. The kids thought it was really cool that it came out of her ear. Here's a picture of it:


1 comment:

Kandi said...

Bless her heart!! And yours for having to watch your child suffer through something. That is so difficult. I will pray for her healing.