Monday, June 28

Princess Camp

Maddie Grace and her friend Tessa are attending Royal Princess Camp this week at church. They are learning to become princesses in the Kingdom of God. I want to share a conversation we had on the way home. Let me preface it by saying that Tessa is 6 and Maddie is 3.

Me: What did you learn about Jesus?
Tessa: We learned that God is happy if we share with others.
Me: Tessa, that's right. Guess what? I got you girls princess cupcakes today, and you can each share them with your brother.
Tessa: Ok, thank you.
MG: I'm not sharing mine. I want to eat it myself.
Me: Maddie, it's your decision. You can make a good decision and share, or you can make a bad decision and keep your cupcake to yourself.
Tessa: Maddie, if you want to please God, you are gonna need to share that cupcake.
MG: Well, I'm not.
Tessa: Then good luck with that bad decision, Maddie Grace.

I laughed hysterically at Tessa's response. She recently asked Christ into her heart at VBS, and I love that she is setting a good example for Maddie. By the way, Maddie happily shared half her cupcake with Preston!






1 comment:

Kandi said...

How funny! Glad she shared :)