Wednesday, July 21

7, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2

No, those are not the numbers from a fortune cookie. Or lottery numbers either. Those are the ages of the 6 kids I had the pleasue of keeping on Sunday by myself. About 5 minutes into the play time, I learned that one little girl flushed Maddie's swim suit bottoms down the toilet. An hour or so later, the swim bottoms turned up, so I'm no longer sure what actually got flushed. The final consensus from the kids was stickers. Our plumbing appears to be working just fine, so I guess we will never know! It's probably for the best.

Our playdate was a happy last minute surprise. Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church, but some friends had a medical concern, and we happily offered to watch their kids. Then Marty and Matt went to help Marty's mom and step-dad, so I had Matt's girls join the fun.

I set up play stations all over our driveway and yard. We had a pool, a sand table, bubbles, chalk, and more. I managed to keep everyone outside for about 2 hours, then they started getting tired. We came in to cool off and watch a movie. We had a great time!







No comments: