Saturday, July 24

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

This is a yummy dessert that I love in the summer. Here's the recipe:

Combine 1 1/2 cup preztel crumbs, 1 1/2 sticks butter (melted), and 3 T sugar. Press in the bottom of an 10"x13" glass pan and back at 350 for 10 minutes.

In a bowl combine 1 8oz package cream cheese (softened) and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Fold in 8oz Cool Whip. Spread over cooled crust. Place in refrigerator.

Boil 1 1/2 cups water, and dissolve an 8oz pack of strawberry Jello in it. Add a quart of frozen strawberries. Stir and remove from heat. Let it cool a bit and begin to slightly thicken. Pour over the cream cheese layer, the let cool in the fridge for 2 hours.

Additional tips: So I am going to be real with you and let you know that this never turns out right for me. First of all, I don't have a food processor, so I have to crush the pretzels by hand. I put them in a baggie and smash away with a food mallett. My pretzels are never "fine" enough for my liking. I realize that you can probably buy a box of pretzel crumbs, but I've never looked.

You really want to let the middle layer cool before you pour the strawberry mixture on. I never have patience for this step (probably because I'm exausted from beating the pretzels to pieces), but the Jello will run through the cream cheese and saturate the pretzel mixture.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: