Thursday, March 24

We're still here!

It's been so long since I've posted. Sorry mom and dad! You're probably the only ones who ever look at this blog. We have been busy with friends birthday parties, sometimes two in a Saturday. Good thing the kids love birthday parties!!

We have been tackling some big projects around the house too. We built our house 3 years ago, and I've had the itch to change a few things. First up - paint. I actually still like the paint color that we chose for the majority of our house. However, our builder used flat paint, and it is not condusive to having small children. We have sticky little handprints all over the house. So my sweet, amazing husband has spent the last 4 weekends painting washable paint on our walls. He is maybe halfway done.

I decided to change our master bathroom color. Our bedroom is painted "silver sage" from Restoration Hardware. It's a soothing silvery blue, and I love it! I wanted our bathroom to be a shade or two darker, and well, it turned out brighter and looks like we should have a baby boys nursery in our bathroom. Marty doesn't like it either, but I feel terrible that he is going to repaint it. I'm just a little nervous to pick a new color.

We also changed the color in our dining room, and I just love it! We have ignored the dining room for three years, and it might be my favorite room now! We hung large prints of the kids and got a new rug, and it turned out exactly as I had hoped. The walls look orange in the picture, but it's more of a terra cotta color. I don't know how to change my camera settings to capture the true color.

An opposing wall.







We are getting ready to redo the landscaping outside, and I will try to take some before and after pictures. Well, maybe not before ones. I planted some azaleas last year, and they didn't make it. I honestly believe that plants and flowers cringe when I approach them. I have killed at least a dozen plants since Marty and I got married.

Our little punkins had to dress up for Dr. Seuss Day, and we chose Thing 1 and Thing 2 from "The Cat in the Hat". What do you think?

No comments: