Sunday, October 23

Bike Time - July 2nd

You may remember that Preston told his class that he was getting a "Big Bike" for Christmas last year. Marty and I learned of this on December 23rd, but thankfully, Santa made it happen. Well...Preston showed no interest in riding that bike for months. Maddie loved riding her bike, and she really wanted to ride without training wheels. Marty and I didn't think she was ready. Being the strong willed princess that she is, she borrowed a small bike with "only two wheels" from a neighbor. She would not let Marty or myself give her instruction. One afternoon, I was sitting outside watching the kids play. I was on the phone ordering dinner, and I all of a sudden saw a fluid motion in my periphial vision. I look up, and Maddie has taken off with no training wheels!! She had a HUGE smile on her face. Her bicycle is 4" taller than the one she borrowed, but she convinced Marty to take the training wheels off of the big one. Sure enough, she did it! Preston saw us making a big deal out of Maddie's success, so in typical Toth fashion, he decided he was not going to be outdone. He went in the garage and came out riding his bike for the first time! Marty and I could not believe it.
This bike stuff is hard work!

No comments: