
Today, my heart aches. We had a wonderful church service, but when we got home, Marty put together Maddie's big girl room. I cried as he took the bedding off of her crib. I remember how long we looked for just the right thing, and how we were so pleased with it. Today, she was right by his side as he put the new bed frame together and built the trundle. She "helped" by handing him the tools. I know she is a little young to take out of the crib, but we are going to give it a try. I really don't want to buy another crib. She seems to like her new room. For now, she will sleep on the trundle that pulls out from underneath the bed. If she falls off of it, she won't go far. We tucked her in and we haven't heard a peep out of her (yet). We put the baby gate at her door to keep her from roaming (just in case) and we are still using the camera monitor in her room to keep an eye on her. I told Marty that her room just looks foreign to me. She is still a baby herself. We have introduced her to so much change lately...the new house, new preschool, potty training, and now a big girl bed! I feel a little like we are pushing her to grow up, but I still want her to be my baby. I don't think it has completely sank in that we are getting ready to have another one...in just over 7 weeks. Anyway, her room turned out great. I just need to find some artwork for the walls.



Now we have the beginnings of a sweet baby boy's room.
3 comments:
Girlie, her room is just beautiful! You both did such a good job- I love it! And soon you'll have another one in the crib again...Can't wait to meet the little one. Love and miss you girl! :)
Huge hug,
Mel
What a beautiful room! Great job. I love the white furniture--- pottery barn kids???
Ah... that breaks my heart. I remember when we put Maggie in her big girl bed. I might let Olivia sleep in her until she's 7!!!!!
Post a Comment