Thursday, May 22

Update

My little sweetheart is hanging in there. His breathing is getting better, but they are still not allowing me to feed him. He has an IV, and I will hopefully get to feed him sometime Thursday. Part of my job is working in NICUs, and I never dreamed my baby would be in one. Preston was full term, and it is breaking my heart to not have him in our room. We can only hold him for very limited amounts of time. Since I had a c-section, I'm still limited on the amount of time I can be out of bed even though I feel great. No pain meds yet. Preston opened his eyes for us for the first time tonight. When I started talking to him, he turned his head and looked right at me. We are at a wonderful hospital and I am blessed to have the same nurses that took care of me with Maddie. I also know them through work, so it has made this nightmare a little better. One interesting fact...Preston had a true knot in his umbilical cord. Fortunately it was not too tight. Less than 1 in 1000 babies have this. Maddie Grace also had one. Hers was tight and they delivered her just in time to not have complications. My doctor and the hospital told Marty and I that they have never had a mom have more than one child with a true knot. I was also told that it means we will have another baby. No comment on that! Our goal now is for Preston to be well enough to go home with me this weekend. I know the Lord has His hand on Preston, and we really appreciate all of your prayers. We will keep you updated...

3 comments:

gwendysue said...

Preston is so beautiful! Still praying for you all.

MB said...

Thanks for the update! I hope you get to feed him soon! Praying for his healing and patience and peace for you and Marty.

The Velvet Trunk said...

Girl, I have been praying for you and for Preston. I can tell already that he is going to be as cute as he can be. That really is one of the cutest newborns I've ever seen- and I'm not lyin..lol..! Can't wait to meet the little guy- I just know he is going to pull through this just fine! :)

Love you bunches,
Mel