Saturday, May 24

Look at me!

Preston is doing well. He continues to make improvements, but he fatigues easily. His face was swollen again when we got to the hospital, but he had apparently been having a temper tantrum because he blew out his diaper. I was able to feed him for the first time! He ate really well. We got to hold him and kiss him, and that did a world of good for Marty and me. Thank you Jesus for answering our prayers. One odd thing...his chart has pneumonia as a possible diagnosis. We weren't able to talk to the doctor, so we aren't sure about this. His nurse was under the impression that he had pneumonia from aspirating fluid, not immature lungs. We may never know which one is the problem...at this point I just want him to be well enough to come home. Tonight he will transition from the isolet to an open crib. We get to take clothes to put on him tomorrow!







4 comments:

Sunny said...

YAY for clothes and an open crib!!!! That is HUGE progress in the NICU. YAY! I am so glad you got to hold him. Maybe they will let you kangaroo care soon. It is so sweet, and helps you bond. :) Hang in there. Praying for you guys and checking in often!
-Sunny

MB said...

Awww! Sweet pictures. I cried when I saw the first one of you holding him. Very thankful for progress and prayers being answered! Show us that cute outfit tomorrow!!!

The Velvet Trunk said...

So thankful to hear the news. So glad you two got to hold him too. And out of the NICU- that's huge! :)

Now all we need to see if that outfit! ;-)

gwendysue said...

Praise God!!